Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Home And Away Week

Pretty good theme, Alan. Took things a little bit into the mushy, but that's just your way.

Something I miss about LA is the food. There are restaurants EVERYWHERE. It doesn't matter what you're in the mood for, because there are always two restaurants within three blocks that serve exactly what you want. And they all take credit cards.
I swear, I think LA runs in a circle from day to night, where all the people who serve food in the day go out at night and get served food by the people who eat out in the day. I can't imagine how else so many waiters and waitresses could be working every day.

The other advantage is, no matter how few friends you have, you have one who works at a restaurant. This can be good in a lot of ways, like free food or discounts, or filming movies after hours. St. Louis food is just... not as good. I know more food places on campus than off. It's pathetic, really. Fitz's isn't that good, everybody. A&W's has better rootbeer, anyway.


Alright, something I like about St. Louis is how well fakes work here. Everyone in Missouri seems to think that the standard Texas driver's license is flimsy and laminated and slightly more yellow than every other state ID on the planet. If you know where the sketchy Schnucks is, it's almost like they've switched the retarded baggers and the cashiers; you wouldn't believe the shit you can get away with. I can assure you all that I do not look, sound, or act like anyone named Akmed Gattikattica. They just look at the ID long enough to find those four magic digits--1983--and you're walking out of the store with four handles of vodka. God bless Midwestern idiots, or maybe just Midwestern people who don't care.

Just as a PSA, don't try your fakes on the Schnucks near campus; they are really picky. I know some seniors who have actually had their real IDs taken away (until the manager showed up). Then again, they tried to bust me for cooking up crystal meth when I bought three bottles of nyquil last year; what, you've never had two sick friends?

-Chaz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home